Home

Friday 18 February 2011

Client Project - Update

I've collected the clips I shot on the test day and also the first day of filming to edit, both which were shot using the Panasonic 151. I am now faced with a problem. The Panasonic 151 exports video in .MTS files. Now, I've tried to edit using my Premiere CS3 and home, however I have now found out that .MTS files are only recognised from CS3 upwards i.e. CS4 and CS5. Therefore, I edited at university. After a few hours I got the clips to work, however they were playing at a really slow speed. I asked our uni technician to help, but after a while he couldn't also work out what was wrong and said the computer at uni we not fully capable to handle these files and it would take REALLY LONG. And yes, I tried and look how long it told me it would take...

And that was just for 2 clips.














Only other option I could think of was to convert them. After looking/asking around I was given a good .MTS converter by my friend Chris. Okay, this does work (when it wants to), but it takes soooo long to convert. I've converted about 6 of 7 videos so far. Let's see where it gets me. P.s. I'm going to use a Sony Z1 from now on!

No comments: