Home

Thursday 13 January 2011

Update: Research Project

Haven't blogged in a while. Completed my Research document, and work on plans for my artifacts over the Christmas holidays.

My research project topic is about Online TV. My research question is: 'How has online TV affected the user's viewing experience?'. This researches how online TV has changed users habits for watching their TV programmes. It looks into how online TV has changed viewing figures, how digital piracy links with this, and technoligies that are already implemented to make the user's viewing experience better. I have looked at the various onine TV platforms for my research and read two books (The Television Will Be Revolutionzed, By Amanda. D. Lotz and and a book called 'Online Television). A website that has helped me a lot during research is Pew Internet. It is a website that gathers surveys, and it contains alot of information about online teleivision statistics and figures.
This is an example of a survey that Pew Internet have done, this shows the increse in online video from 2007-2009 by age range:

--------Groups---------------------2007----2008----2009
1.------Young Adults 18-29---------76%-----72%-----90%
2.------Adults 30-49----------------57%-----57%-----67%
3.------Older Adults 50-64---------46%-----34%-----41%
4.------Seniors 55 and Up----------39%-----19%-----27%



















I have looked into different research methodologies and I have breifly got an idea of which ones would work with my topic of Online TV, but these may change as my artifacts come along. I want to include questionnaires, expert interviews, gainig information from television companies i.e. BBC, ITV, Channel 4 who also have an online tv plarform, peoples diary of viewing habits.

No comments: